Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Round 5 Begins!

Yesterday was the beginning of Round 5 of the American Title 2 contest. It's hard to believe that we're finally to the end! It seems like just yesterday (and also like forever) that the contest started. I'd like to congratulate all my fellow finalists. We've become a close little group and it was incredibly difficult for me to vote for just one of them yesterday. If I had my way, we'd all get publishing contracts (and one day, we will!)

I was so sad to see my friend Gina eliminated in this last round. The Raven's Revenge made it almost all the way to the end and Gina deserves a huge round of applause. She was the founder of our American Title 2 loop and is such an inspiration for me. I know that only great things are in store for Gina.

Another RWA Online chaptermate of mine Michele Young was also eliminated in the last round. Michele's manuscript is set in the Regency time period just like mine, so I was very sad to see Michele eliminated. But the good news is that another of her novels, Pistols at Dawn is coming out this June from Five Star Expression. You can bet that I'll be buying a copy of that!

This leaves 2 really talented ladies left in the competition:

Gerri Russell

and

Ruth Kaufmann


One of them will win a publishing contract from Dorhester and your vote can make it happen!
Go to www.americantitle2.com and vote by April 2 for the best Romantic scene.

No comments:

 

Blog Design by Author Web Designs By Tara