Friday, October 03, 2008

The Ex List



I need to get hooked to another television show like I need a hole in the head, but tonight I'll either be watching or definitely tivo'ing CBS's new show The Ex List.

I can kick myself for not thinking of the premise first. It would make a great book.

What if you learned you had already met your soul mate? When a bachelorette-party psychic reveals to Bella Bloom that she has already met the true love of her life, she goes on a quest to find this mystery man from her past. With a limited time to locate him, Bella puts her normal skepticism aside and, with the help of her friends, lists all the males she has dated, befriended or even briefly encountered in her lifetime. It’s an illuminating and sometimes humiliating search, but Bella knows it might be her only chance to find “the one.”

The actress in the show was the chick with the fake (or not fake?) amnesia from Grey's Anatomy, that story line being one of the many reasons I don't watch GA anymore (I have to agree with Katherine Heigl- the writing on GA leaves a lot to be desired) but I'm always harder on medical shows than other genre-dramas, so I'm probably not the most neutral person on that score.

I really hope I like this show. In my opinion, the world needs more good romantic comedy!

5 comments:

Lucy said...

I set my DVR to record that the other day because I'm with you, I wish I'd thought of the premise myself. It sounds like it's going to be a good comedy - at least it has the potential to be a lot of fun. :)

Maria Geraci said...

I saw the show last night. I really liked it! I think it has some good potential, although the ex-boyfriend seems like such an obvious choice!

Lucy said...

It was fun, wasn't it? :)

Technological Dummy said...

I Tivo'd it and thought it had potential. Like you, I wish I'd thought of it. I would like to point out, I wish they'd never invented Tivo. I find myself tivo'n more than I have time to watch. Between GA, Ugly Betty, all the CSI's, all the Law and Orders, Private Practice, etc., I'm overwhelmed by recordings.

Maria Geraci said...

I have to admit, I love my DVR. Without it, I probably wouldn't get to watch anything!

 

Blog Design by Author Web Designs By Tara