Thursday, September 04, 2008

Back to Bunco and Sangria de cava


Last night, my Bunco group, the soon-to-be-made-famous by my books (ha, ha) Bunco Broads of Tallahassee had our annual planning session. An extremely good time was had by all.

Debbie (my fellow Bunco Broad co-founder) hosted and served up this most delicious (and I cannot emphasize that enough) Sangria de cava. The recipe is from the famous Columbia Restaurant, an Ybor City tradition since 1905. For those of you who don't know, Ybor City is the old Cuban section of Tampa- think rolled cigars and Cuban coffee- two of the best smells in the world.

I had no idea that The Columbia gave out recipes on their website. To be honest, I, who consider myself just a little bit computer savvy (don't laugh, Mel) didn't even now that the Columbia had a website. But I do now :)

5 comments:

Kristen Painter said...

Ooo...very cool. Must go check that out!

The Girl You Used to Know said...

I'm sorry. Did you just use computer and savvy in the same sentence while referring to yourself?

And this is NOT the story that I should've read about this morning. I want the hammer story. Now. You better post it...or I'll post my version of it...

Maria Geraci said...

Yes, computer and savvy in the same sentence. LOL. Cheeky this morning, aren't I?

Okay, I'll do the hammer story. Tomorrow:)

Louisa Edwards said...

Oooh, is that what it sounds like? Sangria with Spanish sparkling wine? That sounds toolicious!

Maria Geraci said...

It WAS delicious. Will definitely be making that recipe soon.

 

Blog Design by Author Web Designs By Tara