Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Oprah is fat again

It's official. Oprah is fat again. She's going to announce it in the January issue of O magazine and start another 'lifestyle' change so she can get healthy, lose weight, and start America on another craze while probably making trillions in the process.

Honestly, with all the crap going on in the world, I really can't believe this sort of stuff makes headlines. Don't get me wrong, I really like Oprah, but please, can't she move on to something else?

In more important news (at least in my universe) I've finished my revisions for Bunco Babe Gone Wild. I didn't have a lot to do, but one of the things my editor asked me to do was to show more of my heroine's growth. So I went in and changed up one scene, which of course had a domino effect. Each scene after that was altered, so I had to go in and fix it, which led to more fixes, and, well, you get the point.

I'm printing it out this morning, finishing my Christmas decorating and then sitting down to read it again from beginning to end. Hopefully, they'll be in her inbox bright and early tomorrow.

7 comments:

Lucy said...

You know, I read the Oprah article and had a slightly different reaction. Probably because I've been doing the yo-yo thing myself - most recently up. I was able to look at it and kind of think "even Oprah goes through this". I somehow felt a little better. Not that I'm going to watch the show (although I do love Oprah too) or buy the magazine - just made her a bit more human, if you know what I mean.

Anyway, yay! on the edits. I can't wait for the book to come out so I can read it. :)

Have a great day.

Maria Geraci said...

I'm pretty psyched about my revisions. Hopefully they read as well as I think they do ;)

As for Oprah, at first I was torn when I heard her "fat again" news. I know she's human like the rest of us and I could certainly commiserate. I just think it's sad that it's what she and the media seem to focus on constantly. I mean, when haven't we heard about Oprah's weight?

Gina Black said...

Congrats on finishing your revisions! It sounds like it was *almost* painless this time. (Are they ever really?) (Don't we writers live for angst?) (Aren't you getting tired of my use of parenthesis?)

Maria Geraci said...

Hey, Gina, thanks for the congrats. I'll never tire of your parenthesis;0

Unknown said...

It happens...I'm just doing galleys for Simply Shameless and realized that a copy-editing change I made last time now results in my heroine taking her corset off-twice. So glad I caught that one!!

Louisa Edwards said...

Congrats on finishing your edits! I hope to get to mine someday soon...

Maria Geraci said...

Thanks, Louisa. You'll get them soon enough, I'm sure;)

 

Blog Design by Author Web Designs By Tara