Friday, March 12, 2010

Bunco for Charity

Last night I played Bunco with the MOPS (that's the acronym for Mothers of Preschoolers at Killearn United Methodist Church). They had the brilliant idea of sponsoring a fundraiser for their group by playing Bunco. One of the leaders of the group (Beth) had read Bunco Babes Tell All in her book club and contacted me to see if I wanted to play. Well, of course I did!

I have to say, the whole thing was a lot of fun and so well organized! There were probably about 14-16 tables of women playing, some of whom had never played Bunco before, but the whole thing went off smoother than a baby's behind (one woman even had her 12 week old baby with her and still managed to play- best baby ever). There was a $10 cover charge per player and there was also a silent auction going on during the evening. Great way to raise money, have fun, and meet new people.

On another note, look what I got in the mail! This fabulous glass was sent to me by Liz, a friend of my sister's who read my books and was invited to her first Bunco party last week. Liz was a winner and she sent me the prize. Love it! (I'm starting a collection). In case the picture is too dark, the writing says Bunko Babe 2010. Thanks, Liz!






4 comments:

Louisa Edwards said...

What a cute glass!!

Lucy said...

How cool is that? And I love that playing bunco was used as a fund raiser event!

Marilyn Brant said...

That's such a great idea for a glass! Love it ;).

Maria Geraci said...

Yes, I've already drunk beer from it. LOL, not it's intended use, I know, but it's what we were drinking with dinner Friday night!

 

Blog Design by Author Web Designs By Tara