Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Keeping a Positive Attitude

I love people who have a positive outlook on life. They're the sort of people I like being around. The people I want to emulate.

You know the other kind. The ones that suck the oxygen right out of the room. The "oh, poor me, nothing ever goes my way" sort of people? You lose five years of your life just by standing next to them.

As this American Title II Contest begins in just a few weeks, I know keeping a positive attitude is the key to success. Win or lose, I believe that one day I will be published. This contest is merely a stepping stone in my career.

My 12 year old daughter, an aspring Broadway actress :) summed it up best. "When I shoot for the moon, I get there!" You go girl! Now rub some of that off on me!

2 comments:

Gina Black said...

Right On!!

The Girl You Used to Know said...

I've read this several times this week.

I agree. It's so hard when you're around someone who's constantly naysaying everything. Everything is a disappointment...so-n-so could go better. It's like having your soul sucked out by a death eater.

Take it even further.

"That won't sell."

"Historicals are dead."

"You can't sell a 1st person book."

"You can't write about X."

"You can't put that on your website."

YES I CAN.

I love your daughter and I have adopted her saying as my own. She is my inspiration.

 

Blog Design by Author Web Designs By Tara