Saturday, October 15, 2005

The War Bride



I found this lovely picture on a site about Ciudad Rodrigo (the city in Western Spain where my historical, The War Bride, takes place) It's also very appropriate because the battle of Ciudad Rodrigo (in which my heroine got into a lot of trouble) took place in the dead of winter and there was snow on the ground. People always have trouble believing that it snows in Spain.

My plan is to superimpose a saber (there's a thrilling sword scene at the end of the book) and a rose (because I think roses symbolize romance) over the cathedral backdrop. Hence, I get the image of old world, danger and romance. What do you think?

Now if I could just figure a way to get that picture permanently in my blog description!! I know there is a way, damn it, and I'm determined to find it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

YOU DID IT!! Congrats! I never doubted you for a second...

Anonymous said...

Ooh, VERY pretty picture. You know, that would make a lovely book cover...

I'm just sayin'.

Maria Geraci said...

I wish I could take credit for doing this but my computer skills aren't that good (yet) My pal, Mel and and her lovely husband, Mark are the ones that did it!

Unknown said...

Maria,

To use the picture as blog id...usually up in the corner.. go to your profile page and scroll down.. it'll have a spot for you to link that picture.

It's beautiful and your idea with it sounds grand.

Unknown said...

It's a beautiful picture, Maria!
I hate all this technical stuff as well-I have to shout for Mr Kate to 'fix stuff' all the time!

 

Blog Design by Author Web Designs By Tara