Friday, May 12, 2006

Internet Junkies Anonymous

You know you are hooked to the internet, when...

You get in the car with your laptop, drive to the nearest hotel, then hang out in the parking lot just to use their wireless internet connection. Yup. That's what I've had to resort to in the past couple of days just to get my fix (said hotel was the one we stayed at recently when we were remodeling our floors) Yes, I know, I could probably go to Starbucks and have a cup of java while legitimately using their wireless internet, but somehow, this hotel parking lot thing seems a lot more fun.

For someone who spent most of their life without the internet, you'd think a few days without it would be a piece of cake.

Wrong.

I'm dying out here. For some reason, Tuesday morning (My God... has it only been 3 days?) I woke up to no internet access. I think it has something to do with that pesky modem/router thing set up in the den. After figuring out that the cable wasn't out and playing with said modem/router for half a day, I finally gave up and let Mike Geraci take over. A new router and modem later, it's still not working. Hubby promises he'll have it all taken care of this weekend, or early next week at the latest. Let's hope he's right, because I'm beginning to scare myself.

That said, I'm expecting a new "look" for my blog. I wanted something fun, something that said a little bit about my personality and what I write, so I requested a blog makeover from Gemmak Designs. If you go down to the lower right hand corner, you'll see her In Process column. I'm currently in process! Marcia--that's me. Sigh. I'm not sure why Maria looks like Marcia to so many people, but I'm used to it. I gave her a few ideas, color schemes, etc and I'm anxious to see what she comes up with.

3 comments:

Ellen said...

Boy, do I know how you feel. Our earthlink server was down all yesterday morning and I nearly had a withdrawal meltdown! LOL. But, since I need to get more writing done, I am trying to get online less (today the kids are home from school, so my excuse is that I can't concentrate anyway). :)

I love the look of those blogs! Will yours be similar to the images she's posted? How FUN!

The Girl You Used to Know said...

all i know is that you better hurry up and get that internet back!

Marcia, marcia, marcia!

Maria Geraci said...

I'M BACK!!!

THANK GOD!

Okay, seriously, I never want to go through that again. Almost an entire week without the net. Man, was that scary! LOL!

Ellen,
With Mel's help, I selected a picture that I think will create a fun theme for my blog. I'm excited to see the final result!

 

Blog Design by Author Web Designs By Tara