Friday, November 30, 2007

Worth staying up for....


I love finding new authors to read. So when I was browsing through my local Borders a couple of weeks ago and spotted Forget About It, by Caprice Crane, I thought, why not?

I was more than pleasantly surprised. What a fun read! To make it even more interesting, the author is the daughter of Tina Louise. Remember her? Ginger from Gilligan's Isle? I sooo loved Ginger. Mary Ann and her pigtails made me puke. But Ginger. I mean, there was glamour. Forget that they were on a deserted tropical island. Ginger had plenty of blue eyeshadow and sparkly sequined gowns to last a lifetime of being marooned.


I can't recommend this book enough. Next time I hit the bookstore I'm going to pick up her first book, Stupid and Contagious. Great title, huh?

3 comments:

Lucy said...

I just checked out her page...the book looks good. I'm going to have to add it to my list. :-)

P.S. I previously missed your post about the GH. Wishing you all the best on that and keeping everything crossed for you. :-)

Maria Geraci said...

Thanks, L, you're a sweetheart!

Louisa Edwards said...

Good recommendation! I loved Ginger, too. I was very conscious of glamor as a child; my other favorite icon was Miss Piggy. I loved the lilac satin elbow gloves!

 

Blog Design by Author Web Designs By Tara