Monday, May 26, 2008

Happy Memorial Day

Mike Geraci and I finished re-doing the hall bathroom last night. Like really late last night:) At least my part is done. Today, he's going to finish off the job by putting a coat of clear varnish over the tiles. It was a big job, but the results are fantastic. Will have to post a pic when it's all done.

Will also have to get him to put out the flag today as a reminder to the kids that today is the day they need to be especially thankful for all the freedoms we enjoy as Americans.

Stephanie (oldest daughter) is taking my mother-in-law out to the Florida National Cemetery where my father-in-law is buried. A retired army colonel and veteran of both the Korean and Vietnam wars, John Geraci is only one of thousands of veterans buried there. It's extremely humbling to drive through the miles and miles and headstones.





On a lighter note, tonight's The Bachelorette, and of course, I have to work. But never fear, my trusty DVR will tape all. My rose game predictions for going home tonight:

Chris (nice guy but definitely a filler)

Eric (big nosed and all he and Deanna have in common is that they're Greek. Plus, he's creepy)

Ryan (self-proclaimed virgin)


I know Mel thought I was crazy for liking Sean, but other than the little mullet (which can easily be fixed with a pair of scissors) I really like him for DeAnna. He's cute (has beautiful eyes!), has a great personality (he and Jesse need to go on the road with their lemon act) and I love his Kentucky accent. I predict Sean will go far.

I'd also like to see Jeremy open his mouth. I'm sure he and Deanna had some one on one time during the cocktail party last week that they didn't let us see. Also looking forward to seeing more of Graham, Jason, Jesse and that yummy Brian!


9 comments:

The Girl You Used to Know said...

the Karate Kid is gone within the next two shows.

I think it's Graham's game to lose. We'll see...

The Girl You Used to Know said...

And I can't believe you think he's got a great personality. Even Mark said he was a tool. Ugh.

Maria Geraci said...

LOL! I thought Sean was adorable and I loved the way he and Jesse interacted. We'll see who goes when ;0.

But I agree that Graham is one to watch. He and DeAnna had great chemistry together on their one on one.

Lucy said...

I can't remember all of the guys names!!! Although, I know exactly who is being talked about when I read "the Karate Kid".

I so don't get the appeal of this show but I so plan to watch tonight. LOL

Lucy said...

Okay, I like Ryan and I think it is Sean (the father), although I was disappointed that he didn't mention his son.

And what's up with the attack on the one guy?

Lucy said...

Oh okay, it's JASON, not Sean.

The Girl You Used to Know said...

Okay, Sean (aka The Karate Kid or The Douche)is on his way out. He has no sense of humor. C'mon dude. The piano was FUNNY. Roll with it. Don't be so douche-like!

I really had issues with all the pettiness the guys displayed. The editing kept Graham and Jesse out of the bickering, which tells me they go far. They don't want them to look like the rest of the group. I was disappointed in Chef Rob. He was being petty like Barber Boy.

I still like the Single Dad. I'm glad Greek Guy got booted. And really glad the football virgin was sent packing. Honestly. I don't care that he's a virgin. I care that he felt like he had to shout it from the rooftops. And for someone who was such a "christian" he sure spent a lot of time badmouthing other guys. And didn't he say he would never curse but in the next breath didn't he call Jeremy a dickweed?

Um. Yeah. I don't think so Holy Man.

I didn't know men could be so jealous and petty...LOL

Maria Geraci said...

L,
The appeal of the show is well... 25 sort of hunky guys! But the truth is, I'm not sure. I just know I'm a reality tv junkie:)

Maria Geraci said...

Mel,
I'm glad Ryan and Greek guy got the boot too.
As for the "Karate Kid", ahem, I say different strokes for different folks. I think he handled the whole piano thing pretty well;)
So far my favorite for DeAnna is Graham. I'm just not sure he's as into her as she is into him. But since the concensus on the Bachelor boards are that he leaves at final four, I guess it didn't work out for them.

 

Blog Design by Author Web Designs By Tara