Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Holy Bull Durham!


Baseball players wearing thongs? Talk about superstitions.

Jason Giambi , a first baseman for the NY Yankees (boo!) admitted last week that he sometimes wears a gold thong under his uniform to help him out of a batting slump.
The ever delicious Derek Jeter ("lazy" eye or not) also admitted to trying it. Man, I'd love to be a fly on the wall in the locker room for that one!




The whole thing reminds of that hysterical scene in Bull Durham when Crash (the Kevin Costner character) persuades Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh (Tim Robbins) to wear a garter belt under his uniform to help his "concentrate" while he's pitching.

I've always loved baseball, but it's taken on a whole new meaning for me now:)

2 comments:

Lucy said...

hmmmm, interesting. lol

Louisa Edwards said...

He DOES have a lazy eye! I'm not the only one who sees it! However, I wouldn't mind looking at him in a gold thong. I like the detail work, there, Giambi. Not just lady's underwear, but a "gold thong." Mmmm, word picture...

 

Blog Design by Author Web Designs By Tara