Sunday, August 03, 2008

Insomnia and Happy Anniversary to me


It's 3:23 am and I'm still up. No big surprise. With my work schedule, I'm used to having insomnia. I just hate that it hits at the worst times. Tomorrow or rather today, is my 23rd wedding anniversary. Mike Geraci and I are going to celebrate in some special way. We'll see. All I know is that I'm dragging him to see Mama Mia. Everyone has seen it and loved it and now it's my turn:)


So I'm trying to take advantage of the fact that I'm up. I should write. My second Bunco book is due November 1 and I really thought I'd be a lot further along than I am now. I'm such a slow writer though, and I have to stop to self-edit. I know I shouldn't, but I can't help myself. And it doesn't help when Mel tempts me to stop writing by gushing over Emily Giffin's newest book Love The One You're With. So what do I do? I run to the bookstore and buy it, despite the fact that I was saving it as a treat to take to the beach later this month. I read it in one day. She's such an awesome writer, you can't put it down. I won't give away the ending, but I will say, I would have ended it a little differently.

Okay, so no more distractions, I'm determined to write until I fall asleep. Hopefully it won't be my own writing that does the trick.




5 comments:

Gina Black said...

Happy Anniversary!!

Maria Geraci said...

Thanks, Gina. I can't wait to hear how the AT 2 workshop went!

Anonymous said...

You should try acupuncture for your insomnia. It really works.

Maria Geraci said...

Well, part of my insomnia problem is that I work part-time at night, so I switch up my sleeping patterns too much. Plus, I love writing at night when the house is really quiet :) But the idea of acupuncture has always fascinated me.

Fifi Flowers said...

Procrastination is just what you need some times!
I've been meaning to read 2 of her books... and now a new one... is this one part of a series... oh I hope not... too much to catch up on!

 

Blog Design by Author Web Designs By Tara