Thursday, March 19, 2009

Bookmarks and Cupcakes!

It's less than 2 months to the release of Bunco Babes Tell All and I'm getting pretty psyched. Yesterday, I received my bookmarks. They look fabulous, don't they? I stuck one up on the cork board above my desk in my closet so that I can stare at it as I write. I know, pretty goober of me, but there you go. Little things get me going!







And talking about little things... I know I'm late joining the craze. But I just can't seem to get enough cupcakes in my life. Last month, at my cousin's Big Fat Cuban Baby Shower, instead of a cake, they served gourmet cupcakes.




Isn't that gorgeous? And they were to-die-for cupcakes. Chocolate with a creamy filling inside and smoothest, most delicious frosting you can imagine. Yummy.


Since I'm the Queen of showers (bridal, baby, you name it... all my co-workers are constantly getting married or pregnant), I'm always finding myself in the middle of helping host a party. This Saturday I have 2 bridal showers to go to. One I'm attending as a guest, and one I'm co-hosting. Instead of cake, I'm doing cupcakes. I'm not actually baking the cupcakes this time (I'm having them done by the fabulous Tasty Pastry.But one of my goals this year is mastering the art of the gourmet cupcake. I found this awesome cupcake stand online at Target. Unfortunately, I don't have time to order it, and my local Target carried a smaller version that only holds 13 cupcakes. So I bought 3 of them. I going to decorate the sides with flowers, etc.. so it will be serve as a centerpiece as well as a dessert holder. I'm hoping the whole thing will turn out fabulous. I'll let you know!

10 comments:

Kristen Painter said...

Cupcakes are the bomb. I want one!

Tanashia said...

Love the bookmark!

Louisa Edwards said...

How cute is that? The best cupcakes I ever had were from Magnolia Bakery on the Lower West Side in Manhattan. I believe they published a cookbook...

Gina Black said...

Pioneer Woman has been blogging cupcake recipes and techniques lately.

Gina Black said...

Oh--GREAT bookmark, BTW. :)

Maria Geraci said...

Thanks, everyone. I can't stop staring at my bookmark. Funny, I know.
And Gina, I am sooo hooked on Pioneer Woman. I've been busy lately and haven't been her to site. Will definitely have to check out those cupcake recipes!

Elen Grey said...

Maria - These cupcakes were twittered to me today, and I was sure you would want to see them. http://tinyurl.com/ckxmjh

If you click-on Two Parts Sugar, you'll see a couple more great shots.

I know Mel and Gina. ;-)

Looking forward to your book.

Maria Geraci said...

Hi Elen, thanks for stopping by! I've bookmarked that cupcake site. It looks quite yummy:)

Anonymous said...

Didn't you just love those Bunco cupcakes? They were made for you!

Maria Geraci said...

I know! I had to comment on those and tell them what Bunco was;)
Maybe I'll try making a batch the next time I host at my house. Thanks again, Elen!

 

Blog Design by Author Web Designs By Tara