Monday, July 06, 2009

Highs and Lows

On a high note, I had a fantastic 4th of July! Went to my hubby's boss's house, who has a huge party every year. He does a better firework show than the city of Tallahassee. It was awesome and patriotic. Very inspiring!

Then yesterday, I found out the Baltimore Sun ran a piece in their Sunday A&E section titled, "Lose yourself in a summer romance." Here's what they had to say about Bunco Babes Tell All:

Geraci's sexy, funny debut is an emotionally satisfying story of love, friendship, family and community.

Yay!

Here's the link to the article: http://www.baltimoresun.com/entertainment/bal-ae.bk.reviewshorts05jul05,0,5954932.story

Now, on to the low part. I'm ashamed to admit it, but once again, I have been sucked into The Bachelor. Or rather, The Bachelorette. After the whole Jason debacle I vowed I would never watch the show again. That lasted 30 minutes. When the new season premiered May 18, I held out for the first part of the show, then, when I couldn't stand it anymore, grabbed the remote and tuned in. Yep, I'm a glutton for punishment.

What can I say? In my defense, I have to say I've always liked The Bachelorette more than The Bachelor. I love seeing a woman in charge. But Jillian (whom I really liked on Jason's season) is making some dumb mistakes. Hopefully, tonight, she'll get rid of Wes, the country-western-loser-singer-who-secretly-has-a-girlfriend. It seems the rest of the guys, and everyone in America who watches the show knows what a loser Wes is. I know it's probably the editing, but really. I cannot wait till he gets the boot. Texas style.

The way the show is going, she'll probably pick Ed, who seems like a nice guy and I have nothing against him. But I have to say, if I were Jillian I would sooooo pick Reid. There's something about his neurotic Woody Allen sort of humor that I totally love. And of course, there's that killer smile of his. My only consolation is that I'm pretty sure he makes tonight's cut, so I'll get to see him next week too.

3 comments:

Lucy said...

OMG I am SO glad she tossed Wes last night! What a loser! Then, to brag that he's the only man in Bachelorette history to make it to the final 4 with a girlfriend! Ugh! I guess it will help sales when his CD comes out but that's something I don't get because who would want to support a jerk like that? Not me!

Kwana said...

I'm glad you had a fun 4th. I can't believe I stayed away from The Bachelorette this season. I think Jason really messed me up.

Kristen Painter said...

Happy (late) Fourth!

 

Blog Design by Author Web Designs By Tara