Saturday, January 23, 2010

Things I have to be thankful for

Thanksgiving is ten months away (or 2 months ago, depending on on how you see things) but I woke up this morning bright and early, thankful for so many things.

1. I am thankful that everyone in my family is alive and well. My 16 year-old daughter totaled her car yesterday morning on the way to the school. About ten minutes after she walked out the door I got a call on my cell phone from her and I just knew she'd been in an accident. It's been raining for a couple of days straight with some severe flooding in town and I've cringed every time she's gotten in the car. The good news is no one in the 3 car accident got hurt. And the accident wasn't her fault;) The bad news is that now we have to get a new car, but I'm not complaining. The alternative scenario is too scary to think about.

2. I'm almost done with The Boyfriend of the Month Club. It's rough and needs polishing, but I think I'm going to make my deadline. Yay! Plus, I got to see an unofficial sneak peak at the cover and all I can tell you is that the Cover Gods have been very very good to me.

3. Today I have my FPHRW meeting. I love these meetings. I always get so revved up. Plus, honestly, I need to leave the house. This hermit/writing thing is not good for me.

4. I have a hair appointment Monday morning, which means my kudzu growing roots will go bye-bye.

5. And lastly, I recently received this very nice review for Bunco Babes Gone Wild from the Chicklit Romance Writers.

So life is good.

7 comments:

Lucy said...

I'm glad everything is going so well for you. I'm also really glad your daughter wasn't hurt in the accident!

Happy Thanksgiving. ;o)

Marilyn Brant said...

Maria~I just read the review--a 10 overall--whoo-hoo!!! Congrats :).

As for the car accident, I'm so, so glad neither your daughter nor anyone else was hurt. I know getting a new car is never fun, but you're so right about it being a minor thing by comparison...

Thanksgiving is my hands-down favorite holiday. I'm more than happy to celebrate it again with you in January :). xoxo

Maria Geraci said...

Thanks, Lucy and Marilyn! The car accident really does put everything in perspective.

The Girl You Used to Know said...

I'm so glad megan was okay! that is so scary!

gwen morrison said...

Hi Maria,
Glad to hear your daughter is okay. Nothing is scarier than getting that call. We have three out of our four children "on the roads," now, and it's always a worry when they are such new drivers (and even when they've been driving for years!).

All the best to you!

Maria Geraci said...

hi Gwen, I also have 3 kids on the road (although #2 doesn't have a car at college so I only have to worry about him when he's home on vacation.)

I think I liked it better when they all under 6 and I was physically exhausted but not so emotionally drained!

Marion said...

Maria- I happy to hear that no one was hurt in the accident. It does put everything in perspective. An with everything going on in other parts of the world, it makes us count our blessings. I try to do that on a daily basis. Today, I am thanking God that I can see and feel the beautiful snow that is falling in Maryland. Have a Blessed day.

 

Blog Design by Author Web Designs By Tara