Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Jodie Foster




Enough about Survivor and Desperate Housewives and
Rome and what color I am. It's time to blog about something really important. Jodie Foster.

I want to be the Jodie Foster of Romance.

Ha! There! I said it. My deepest and most personal thoughts are now on display for the world to see (or at least the two people who read my blog :)

I love Jodie Foster. She's my all time favorite actress. I never miss any of her movies. Last weekend, I went to see Flightplan. The local critics here in Tallahassee panned it. Humph. I do admit, the plot is hokey. It's worse than hokey. You almost have to be on drugs to understand it. But you don't have to be on drugs to appreciate that Jodie Foster is one hell of an actress.

I want to write the way Jodie Foster acts. I know-- a lofty goal, but hey, if you don't dream big, then your big dreams won't come true. Right?

8 comments:

Maria Geraci said...

LOL, I didn't even notice that my original post had me doing the Jody/Jodie thing (thanks, Lisa!) I can only blame it on the fact that I posted at 4pm, which, after working all night would be equivalent to 4am, right? :)

Anonymous said...

Um...something like that. :-)

Honestly, how DO you spell her name? I really have no idea. But I think she's awesome. (And for some reason I can't figure out, I keep comparing her to Meg Ryan in my head. Which really isn't fair to Meg Ryan.)

Gina Black said...

It's Jodie Foster.

Anonymous said...

I had a feeling you'd know, Darlin'. Although, per imdb:
Sometimes Credited As:
Jodi Foster
Jody Foster

Ah well. I guess she's used to it by now. :-)

The Girl You Used to Know said...

But, when you become the Jodie/y/i Foster of Romance, will it be JodieFoster (all-one-word)?

Maria Geraci said...

OK, obviously I don't always pay attention to those pesky little details like thinking ahead when I put in a username...

Anonymous said...

Well Maria, in true Ebert & Roper style, I must confess that I think Jodie Foster is one of the most highly overrated actors in Hollywood. Loved her in Nell, but in every other movie I've seen her in she always looks like she's trying too hard. So instead I will wish you luck on becoming the Susan Sarandon of romance! :-)

P.S. Whaja think of Sawyer last night?!

Maria Geraci said...

OMG... Sawyer and Michael fighting on the raft with a 10 foot shark circling! I mean, what's next? I'm just glad that we finally got a glimpse of the "others". You know?

As for being the Susan Sarandon of Romance, hey, I'll take it!

 

Blog Design by Author Web Designs By Tara