What's "it", you ask? Remember in grade school when you chased each other on the playground and tagged people? You'd scream, You're it! Well, I've been blog tagged by Lucy. I'm supposed to come up with 15 things I like/feel about books.
MARIA's 15 myths on books:
1. It is essential to have a book with you at all times. It's like your wallet or your keys or your lipstick. You never know when you'll need it. TRUE!
2. Never judge a book by it's cover. FALSE. Unfortunately, a good cover makes a big difference. Not that a great book can't have a bad cover, but it's hard to get over it unless it's an author you already love.
3. Women who read romance have no love life. FALSE. Most women find that reading a good romance actually enhances their love life. That particular theory was scientifically tested by moi, btw.
4. Anyone can write a romance. Uh... FALSE. Sure, anyone can write any sort of book, but a good book is hard to write. Period. No matter what the genre.
5. Romance is just smut packaged up pretty for women. GRRRR... FALSE! Romance and Erotica are not smut. There's a big difference between Romance, Erotic and Pornography.
6. Julia Ross rocks. TRUE! If you love historicals and you've never read her, you need to.
7. Historicals are dead. FALSE. I refuse to believe that.
8. Westerns are dead. FALSE. Refuse to believe that, as well.
9. The best thing you can do for your child's education is to read to them every night as small childen, then encourage them to read for themselves as they get older. Well, duh! TRUE.
10. Maria's idea of a good date with her husband is: going out to dinner, then to a movie, then to the bookstore, where they each browse for about an hour, buy lots of books and have coffee, then go home and do none of your business. TRUE :-)
11. The best books make you both laugh and cry. TRUE. But it's hard to find those.
12. Nothing irks me more than a bad book that's been published. TRUE. I shouldn't have to explain that one.
13. The book is always better than the movie. TRUE.
14. The bigger the book, the better. Uhm... FALSE. That bigger is better theory only works for certain things. And it's not what you're thinking of, either!
15. The Great Gatsby is the finest book of the 20th century. FALSE. I've heard/read this many times. It's beautifully written, but I hate the characters. And for me, it's all about the characters.
Okay, so now I get to tag 3 unsuspecting victims. I think I'll tag some of my fellow American Title 2 finalists. Suzan, Ruth and Michele, you're it!
In No Particular Order by Ree
10 hours ago