Friday, February 17, 2006

Two Weddings and a Funeral

No, it's not the name of a new Hugh Grant movie. Although I wish he'd make another flic soon. I need my Hugh fix!

On Sunday, my aunt died. She will be sorely missed, but she lived a long, full life. The last time I was in Miami was for a wedding. We've had 2 family weddings in the past 2 years and last Wednesday we had a funeral. As sad as a funeral is, there is also an upside to them. They reconnect us with family and friends. They bring us back to our roots. They remind us how precious life is and that we have to savor every minute we have with those we love.

So, now I'm barely back from Miami (an 8 hour trip from Tallahassee-- Florida is a very long state) and I'm headed back on the road again. I was supposed to be in Gatlinburg yesterday with my writing buddies, aka- Mel, Pam, Angie and Lisa. We've rented a cabin in the Smoky Mountains and we're going to write our butts off (ha!) . As much as I hate the thought of getting back in that car for another long drive, I'm also excited. I need to see my friends again and I need to refocus on my writing.

I won't have internet access till I get back, but don't forget that Round 4 of the American Title Contest starts Monday, Feb 20. The 4 remaining finalists are all awesome and I can't wait to read all the dialogue scenes. Go to www.americantitle2 to vote!

5 comments:

Gina Black said...

Maria--I'm so sorry to hear about your aunt! I think after a funeral is a good time to recharge your creative batteries. May you have good writing times in the Smoky Mountains. (And maybe you'll come back and tell us why they are smoking?)

Hugs,
Gina

Anonymous said...

Maria-sorry about your aunt. I know what you mean about funerals giving you a chance to reconnect. Hope the time with your family was inspiring. Have a great weekend!

Lucy said...

I'm sorry to hear about your aunt, Maria.

Hugs,
L

Unknown said...

I'm sorry to hear about your aunt, Maria, you deserve a nice break writing with the gals. Take care of yourself!

Maria Geraci said...

Thanks, for the well wishes, everyone. It means a lot to me.

I had a great time in the Smokey's. I think the reason they call them that is because of the clouds. You're so high up, you're practically inside them! I got some plotting done and was able to relax with friends, but it's good to be home with family again, too.

 

Blog Design by Author Web Designs By Tara