Sunday, October 29, 2006

Done!


Well, not quite, but almost.

I finished the first rough draft of The Church of Bunco!

Honestly, I thought it would never get finished. I'm such a plotter, and this book refused to be plotted. I tried. I really did. But like some character from a Stephen King novel, the story took on a life of its own and just laughed and flipped me the finger whenever I tried to force it a certain direction.

I can remember when the idea for the book first came to me. It was in Reno during the RWA conference. A bunch of us had gone to Circus Circus to eat dinner and I was wearing my special Bunco bracelet (a silver flexi kind of thing that has little martini glasses and dice charms hanging off it). I remember sitting in the taxi cab and playing with the little charms and thinking about my bunco group and it all sort of came rushing out.

That night, while spewing the idea out to Mel, she helped me come up with the title (which also pays homage to my sort of love-affair-obsession with the film, Bull Durham).

So while it's far from readable, it has a beginning, a middle, and an end. I actually know what happens now:) I figure it will take about 2 months to come up with a readable copy to give to my fabo cp's, but I'm so excited (and more than a little relieved!)

11 comments:

The Girl You Used to Know said...

You're a legend!

Unknown said...

I love that title! Good job!

Unknown said...

Yay-go Maria! that's fab!

Ellen said...

Congratulations, Maria!!!

I like the title too -- a lot! :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations :)

Maria Geraci said...

Thanks, guys! I'm pretty stoked!

Gina Black said...

Congrats Maria!! Great news. :)

KimAmburn said...

Congratulations Maria! I love the title ('course I loved Bull Durham too!).

Marly Mathews said...

Congrats, Maria!

~Marly

Anonymous said...

Sooooo, will I actually get to READ this one???!!

Maria Geraci said...

yes, erin, you will get to read this one. I promise!
Again, thanks everyone for the wel wishes!

 

Blog Design by Author Web Designs By Tara