Monday, August 23, 2010

It's Monday!


While I can't leap across the stage like Irina Perren (isn't she fabulous?) I certainly feel a sort of elation come every Monday morning. I know, I know, I'm not supposed to like Mondays, but I can't help it. I really do. It probably stems from the fact that I've never worked a traditional 5 day work week, so there's no bad Monday morning connotation. There's also the fact that on Mondays the kids go back to school, the hubby goes off to his job, and I'm left alone in the house. Blissfully, wonderfully alone. Which always seems like a kind of balm after the weekend craziness.

This particular Monday, my youngest goes back to school again (as a senior!), my middle one is back in college, and everything starts fresh again. I think, psychologically, the beginning of school seems more like the New Year than Jan 1 does. Maybe because fall is my favorite season and so many fun things begin to happen. Cooler weather, football, the "big" holidays. I'm also starting to work on a new book, so that's particularly exciting. Oh, and this fall, I'm going to finally organize all my closets. I know I've been threatening this for the past 10 years, but this time, I'm really going to do it. Call it my New Year Fall's resolution!

Tuesday give away update: The winner of "A Kiss at Midnight" is Lucy! L, please email me at mariageraci1@gmail.com to give me your address so I can send you the book. Congrats!

1 comment:

Kwana said...

Congrats on the first day of school. I'm with you on Mondays. Saturday's are work days for me.

I'll have Seniors this year too. Wow. We'll go through it together. I'm a little nervous losing both at the same time.

 

Blog Design by Author Web Designs By Tara