Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter!

As a kid, I adored Easter. It was an end to 40 days of usually no candy, no chocolate and it meant we could go back to watching TV on Fridays (my parents were strict Catholics- no meat, no TV, no FUN at all on Fridays during Lent!) Plus, there was that huge Easter basket full of goodies to munch down on.

Easter as an adult, however, has a totally different meaning. If there's one religious holiday that gets me choked up, this is it. It's redemption, celebration and hope all rolled into one. It's the answer to what happens next. Life's big sequel.

Today, we'll wake up, the kids will check out their Easter goodies (yep, I still do that, even though they're all WAY past the age of believing in the Easter Bunny), go to mass and have a huge family dinner and laze around the house. Then at 8pm we'll tune in for tonight's episode of Extreme Makeover which features the Kadzis family- Tallahassee locals, as well as a concert by Stevie Wonder. I've got my box of Kleenex all ready.

Hope your day is just as beautiful!

4 comments:

Lucy said...

Happy Easter Maria. :)

Kwana said...

Happy Easter to you and your family!

The Girl You Used to Know said...

enjoy your day!

Jax Cassidy said...

Sounds like you had a beautiful Easter. I wanted to watch Extreme Home Makeover...but missed it. I would have cried like a baby anyway!

 

Blog Design by Author Web Designs By Tara