Friday, April 10, 2009

I'm in LOVE

Yesterday, I thought a girl's best friend was her vibrator. Lest you think I came up with that line, let me tell you I didn't. It's the fist line of Mel Francis's fabulous book, SIZE ME UP (which will be published one day because it's simply too damn good not to be). But I digress.


I'm here to tell you that a girl's best friend is not the vibrator but the Cricut. Take a look at that baby below. It slices. It dices. It does just about everything except, well, you know...








Honestly, it's a blast. It cuts out anything you program it to. Or rather, have a pattern for. As you can see above, my dice look perfectly beautiful. The Cricut belongs to my friend Andrea who uses it for everything. Party favors and games, kid's projects, invitations, stationary, bulletin boards, scrap booking... You name it. The Cricut does it.

So when I told her I had to do a backdrop for my promotional space at RT (Romantic Times Book Convention), Andrea volunteered to help me out. Think of those big background posters you did for your 8th grade science project. Only this one involves dice and romance novels.

Here's the finished product below. I think it turned out fabulous! I think in total, I ended up cutting out at least a hundred dice. Because you never know when you'll need some cardboard dice. Right?

12 comments:

Kwana said...

How exciting. I've never heard of it. I have to look it up now.

Maria Geraci said...

The Cricut is like crack to anyone with a crafty bone in their body;)

Kristen Painter said...

Great. Just what I needed. More crafty crack.

Kristen said...

Not crafty but what a gadget for a seriously addicted gadget girl.

Great job, Maria, and have a blast at RT.

The Girl You Used to Know said...

I love the poster. and I think maybe I need a Cricut. Yes. Definitely it's a need.

Maria dahling, I hate to correct you, but I'm pretty sure that's the first line in WHY CAN'T YOU BE TRUE not SIZE ME UP. :D

Maria Geraci said...

Yikes! You're right, Mel!!! My only excuse is that I wrote this post at 1am. Just goes to show what a great opening line it is, since I can't get it out of my head!

Louisa Edwards said...

That looks amazing!

Unknown said...

I thought it was for slicing bread when I first looked at it! LOL What a great machine!

Jax Cassidy said...

Hey, I think I saw an infomercial on it and was drooling. I'm one of those fanatical infomercial fiends. I swear I don't believe a word of it, but I can't help wanting to order those things. :)

Mr. Right hid my credit cards and told me that when we get DSL, he's going to de-program all the infomercial channels. Have fun with your other BFF...that doesn't vibrate.

Maureen McGowan said...

Very cool. That looks fabulous. (But like Kristen, that stuff is like crack for me, although, except for knitting, I've been on the wagon for a few years.)

Shannon said...

My sister just got the big one, the Cricut Expressions and it is the most amazing thing. Costco.com has them for a lot cheaper than you can even get it on the Cricut website and the shipping is included. The cartridges are about $30 cheaper, too.

I am so glad I came across your book/web site. My friends in Santa Barbara (CA) play Bunco every month too. I'm going to send them a link to your site.

On a side note, I just moved from Tallahassee in October and my twins (now 2y8m) were born at TMH.

Thanks!

Maria Geraci said...

Hi Shannon, thanks for stopping by! I'll have to check out Costco for that Cricut. And good luck with your twins;)

 

Blog Design by Author Web Designs By Tara