Wednesday, April 08, 2009

A real live book!

Yesterday, I found this on my doorstep.


Actually, it came in a large envelope from Penguin Group, USA (those 3 words start my heart racing), but you know what I mean. What a thrill it was to actually hold my book in my hands!

I feel like Geppetto from Pinocchio.

It's a real live book!

Complete with a cover and cover quote and other fabulous reviews and such. It was so exciting to see my book for the first time. An ARC with a blank cover just isn't the same thing. And while my cover looked fabulous on the computer, it's nothing like seeing the real thing. The colors all blend so beautifully into the back. There's even footprints on the sand (although I'm not sure you can see that in the pic). I love it!

And then to make my day complete, Barbara Vey's WW Book Club reviewed my book. Here's the link from PW: http://www.publishersweekly.com/blog/880000288/post/1630042763.html?nid=3383

Here's what Heidi had to say about Bunco Babes Tell All:
"This book had everything for me, sex, romance, laughter, and even a slight mystery, but as they say: "What happens at bunco, stays at bunco!!"

Yay!

8 comments:

Gina Black said...

Lovely lovely!

Can't wait until Amazon sends my copy.

Kristen Painter said...

What a great moment. Enjoy it, you've earned it!!

Lucy said...

How cool! I'm excited for you. :o)

Jax Cassidy said...

Congrats! Isn't it the most amazing feeling to be holding something you created! I am all excited for you!!!!

Maureen McGowan said...

Very cool!!!!

Unknown said...

Cool! Can't wait for that Amazon box!

Kwana said...

How exciting. Yay! I'm so happy for you.

Maria Geraci said...

thanks for all the well wishes!

 

Blog Design by Author Web Designs By Tara