Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Book club fun


Dang it. This picture is way too dark and that's what I get for forgetting my camera. (There's only so much my trusty iPhone can do). But this was taken last night at Bonefish Grill where I met the nicest group of ladies. Their book club read Bunco Babes Tell All and they invited me to their meeting, where a fabulous time was had by all.

One of the members of the group, Beth (a total sweetheart), had contacted me shortly after reading BBTA last year and we've kept in contact. She's also a member of a Bunco group and helped put together the MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) Bunco fundraiser I attended back in the winter. I absolutely love how these ladies cherish their girl time. Whether it's Bunco, book clubs, or just a few friends getting together for dinner or drinks, it's so important that we take the time from our busy lives to kick back and enjoy our female friendships. Oh, and it was fun talking about writing too. Nothing is better than hearing other people tell you how much they enjoy your books! Thanks again, ladies!

2 comments:

Maureen McGowan said...

The dim lighting ended up with an almost sepia toned looking photo. I thought perhaps you'd traveled back in time for the book club!

Girl time is so important. Kudos to that group for cherishing theirs.

Maria Geraci said...

It does sort of have a sepia look, Maureen. The lighting was so dim in the restuarant, this was the best my little iPhone could do apparently :)

 

Blog Design by Author Web Designs By Tara