Monday, June 21, 2010

Millie!

Today is the middle child's birthday. Nineteen years ago I was admitted to the hospital for induction of labor (yuck) because he was 13 days overdue. Luckily, once I got my epidural all was well. He showed about an hour later. All nine lbs of him. Happy Birthday, Kevin!

I'll be spending the afternoon cooking for the big UF/FSU baseball game. Go Noles! I really don't want them to leave Omaha with a loss to the Gators. Of course, being that it's Kevin's birthday and he's a Gator, I'm a little torn. Oh well. We'll see what happens!

This morning I'll be doing my volunteer work at Young Actors Theatre selling tickets for their upcoming smash musical Thoroughly Modern Millie. My youngest, Megan, is playing the lead role. Not that I'm prejudiced or anything but the show is going to be awesome. If you live in the Tallahassee area, this is your chance to get tickets. The box office opens today to the general public and tickets go fast, so get out your Visa or MC and give us a call. Here's the info:

Hold your breath because here comes thoroughly modern Millie! This magical Broadway musical is set in the roaring twenties when bobbing hair and rolling stockings was considered daring. With charisma and moxie, Millie Dilmount is a girl with big dreams from a little town. Don’t miss Millie as she taps her way into your heart in this Tony award-wining musical as only Young Actors Theatre can bring you!

Box office: 850-386-6602 Ext.2 (Open from 9:30am to 1:00pm Monday through Friday)(More information is provided on at youngactorstheatre.com)
Performances:
June 25 @ 7:30pm
June 26 @ 7:30pm
June 27 @ 2:00pm
July 2 @ 7:30pm
July 3 @ 7:30pm
July 9 @ 7:30pm
July 10 @ 2:00pm & 7:30pm

2 comments:

Kristen Painter said...

If I lived closer, I would totally be there!

The Girl You Used to Know said...

TMM is one of the very few musicals that I totally love. I wish I could be there to see Megan in all her well deserved glory!!

 

Blog Design by Author Web Designs By Tara