Thursday, December 02, 2010

Bunco Flamingo!

Last night my Bunco group, the fabulous Bunco Broads of Tallahassee had our annual Christmas get together. This is the month we don't play Bunco. We just eat and party. And drink Jingle Juice. Jingle Juice is terrific. Don't ask me what's in it, but trust me on this.

We also do our annual ornament exchange. Except this year we changed things up and instead of exchanging ornaments, we did white elephant gifts. Only the gifts were good! This is what I got:





Yes, it's a Deck the Palms Dip Bowl and Spreader. Plus a Deck the Palms Bottle stopper set! I had to fight like a tiger to keep this from leaving my sweaty palms last night but the struggle was worth it! The Flamingo is my new totum and no one was brave enough to tussle me for it.
FREE BOOKS
If I haven't mentioned it before, let me tell you again. All month long over at Girlfriends Book Club, we're giving away free books. All you have to do is scroll on over right here and leave a comment. It's as simple as that. Today's free book is courtesy of the lovely Brenda Janowitz, the author of Jack with a Twist and Scot on the Rocks.

Oh, and I haven't forgotten about the movie thing. Today's quote comes from Home Alone 2, Lost in New York. Which as I've said, is mediocre compared to the original Home Alone, but still worth the watching just for the hotel scenes.
Angry mom (fabulous Catherine O'Hara) "What kind of idiots do you have working here?"

Desk clerk, as she, Tim Curry (playing the Concierge and Rob Schneider playing the bell hop) all proudly puff out their chests: "The finest in New York!"



No comments:

 

Blog Design by Author Web Designs By Tara