Monday, May 10, 2010

Spending money on a good cause

I've always loved the semi-oxymoronic (if that's not a real word, then it is now) thought behind spending money to save money. Especially if in the process the money you've spent to save, helps a good cause.

Every year, NY Times best selling author Brenda Novak holds a month long online auction with proceeds benefiting Diabetes research, a cause that's near and dear to her heart (her son has juvenile onset diabetes). I've always sort of watched the auction from afar, but this year I've decided to throw my hat in the ring. There's a terrific AuthorBuzz package worth over a thousand bucks that I plan to bid on (don't go bidding against me now!) as well as a few other things I have my eye on.

If you're a writer or a reader there are scads of deliciously lovely things (like editor and agent critiques, autographed books, etc ) to bid on. Go check it out.

2 comments:

Marilyn Brant said...

Thanks for the reminder, Maria, and for sharing this new addition to the English language. ("Semi-oxymoronic"--LOL! I recall you had a character who liked to make up words... ;-) And yes to coffee!! Looking forward to seeing you soon!

Maria Geraci said...

Marilyn, what a good memory you have! That was Pilar from Bunco Babes who liked to make up the words (he he... really me in disguise there!) Looking forward to Orlando already:)

 

Blog Design by Author Web Designs By Tara