Saturday, May 22, 2010

Why you should never get your 100 lb senile dog in the shower

Grrr... The Powers that be, The Man, Big Brother, whatever you want to call him, has apparently decreed that The Office clip showing Ryan talking about Woof! had to come down. I just hate that. Don't they know that any publicity is good publicity? I guess not. I guess they want to keep their funny clips to themselves. Oh, well, that's not exactly what I meant to blog about.

Note to everyone out there: NEVER put your 100 lb plus dog who is 12 years old (which means he's a zillion years old in human years) and slightly senile into your shower. I usually wait for Mike Geraci to come home before bathing Charlie. A professional groomer has been out of the question for the past 3 years because...well, let's just say Charlie gets too jittery around strangers now so we do it ourselves. He has horrible dermatitis and is on steroids. You get the picture. Poor baby has to have a bath.

But I can't lift him in the tub and he can't get in there himself, so I thought the shower was a most excellent option. Until that is... poor Charlie lost his um... bowels. In a most liquid way all over the place while he was still lathered up. Which meant not only was my barefooted, already wet self swimming in it, I had to stay in it longer to rinse him off. All while my 10 lb Daschund, Truffles, stood on the other side of the shower door howling her lungs off convinced Charlie and I were having too much "special time." I am on my 3rd bleaching of the shower stall. And Mike Geraci is still laughing. Next time, it's his turn to wash the dog.

7 comments:

Gina Black said...

At least it had a drain!

Gina Black said...

Or rather 'has a drain'. (Obviously I need more coffee this morning!)

Maria Geraci said...

Yes, Gina. Thank God for the drain!

Kristen Painter said...

Mr. Geraci needs a smack for laughing.

Maria Geraci said...

K, I agree. Actually, he looked like he was going to throw up first,then he laughed.

Maureen McGowan said...

Oh, dear!!! You are such a dedicated doggie-mommy.

Maria Geraci said...

Maureen, Charlie is the best. The sweetest most noble dog there is:)

 

Blog Design by Author Web Designs By Tara